Sometimes (or rather almost always) you stumble upon a great recipe by chance. This morning, I wanted to eat vegetables for breakfast and all we had was some frozen broccoli, a few carrots and that was it. But, using some of my favourite condiments, I came up with an incredibly delicious salad.
- two pounds frozen broccoli
- three chopped carrots
- 1 tbsp gochujang (고추장), Korean chili paste
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp date syrup
- 1 tsp sesame seeds (can be left out)
- Steam broccoli and carrots in a large pot until tender.
- Meanwhile, combine the rest of the ingredients in a small bowl to form a sauce. Add some water in case it should be too thick.
- Combine steamed vegetables and sauce in a very large pot, stir, and let the flavours meld.